Eating is one of the pleasures of life, but as any other pleasure, when we abuse it problems come into our plate!
I have 5 super easy tips to make smarter choices regarding eating
1. Prepare your own juices! Yes! and avoid sugar. It is super easy, you don’t need a professional juicer or anything like that all you need is a blender. My favorite is Green juice. Just add spinach, pineapple or mango (depends on what I have at home) this will make the juice a little sweeter, grapefruit or oranges (this will add vitamin C and citrus awesome flavor), and a green apple (fiber!), add water and you can drink this awesome juice during the day. Seriously this juice is makes me feel full and it test awesome. Please don’t drink those super sugary juices with lots of chemicals from the grocery store.
2. Include fiber in your diet. For example make sure to eat apples (including the skin of the apple), at least use them as snacks. This is awesome because it makes you feel food PLUS!! helps to be regular regarding going to the restroom (sorry for the TMI) but this is super important to be healthy. A high fiber cereal works as breakfast!
3. Make sure to drink water. Make sure to drink at least 2.5 liters of PURE WATER per day. This helps you keep toxins out, be well hydrated and do not get wrinkles! It’s true!!! If you go out for lunch, make sure to drink a full glass of water before each meal, this makes you feel full and helps with the digestion of the meal.
4. Superfoods! Yes try some good superfood alternatives, either chia seeds (great to add to your home made juices), maca powder (I don’t not really like the flavor), avocado (it is awesome for everything, skin, heart, EVERYTHING!), etc.
5. Do not reward yourself with cupcakes or things like that. Seriously, nothing worse than rewarding yourself with a sugary cupcake or a coffee with lots of cream. If you just did an awesome workout, you did well in school or had an awesome day at work, do not reward yourself with testy fatty treats! You are unconsciously telling yourself that that stuff is awesome, and you will never get them out of your life. Nothing worse than convincing yourself that that stuff is good for you. Don’t do it! Reward yourself with alone time, with a walk around the park, with a mini trip to the beach, with… something healthy.
I hope this was useful! See you soon!